Last updated : 27-Feb-2018
Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, fondly referred to as ‘Amma’, first came to Singapore in 1987
Since then Amma has been visiting Singapore regularly to bless and uplift thousands who come to see Her. In this regard, the Amriteswari Society has been immensely privileged to conduct programmes all these years. Amma is now scheduled to visit Singapore from 26 to 28 March 2018.
To commemorate the 31st Anniversary of Amma’s visit, the Amriteswari Society is planning to organise a three day celebration programme.The Programme will be held at Marina Bay Sands Convention and Exhibition Center, Hall C, Level 1, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956.
Admission to the programme is FREE
|Meditation, Darshan (Full day programme)|
|Satsang, Bhajans, Meditation and Darshan|
|Atma Puja, Satsang and Devi Bhava Darshan|
Receiving Darshan (Meeting Amma)
For Darshan, you need to obtain free queue tokens at the programme venue. Tokens are distributed prior to the start of the programme and are given on first come first serve basis. Anyone who would like to receive a Darshan from Amma must obtain a token, including for an infant in arms. There is no reservation for a token and you must be physically present at the programme venue to receive a token.
You can proceed for Darshan once the token number is called/displayed on large screens at the programme venue.
Kindly note that there is no advance reservation for tokens for meeting Amma
Devi Bhava Darshan and Atma Puja
Devi Bhava is a special programme that begins with the Atma Puja – a prayer for self-refinement and for World peace. All participants must be seated in programme hall prior to start of programme. Holy water will be served to each participant as a part of this prayer. There is no participation fee to attend the prayer.
Devi Bhava is also the time when Amma gives Mantra (a group of Sanskrit words used for prayer and meditation) If you would like to receive a Mantra, information will be given to you to read while you are in the Darshan queue. Please follow the instructions provided.(Onsite registration is compulsory before Mantra procedures)
Any devotee wishing to ask Amma to perform a sacred ceremony (Wedding / First feeding/ Writing etc.) should speak with the In-charge first (Contact person:-Prana, who will be near the stage area). Ceremonies are performed towards the end of Devi Bhava Darshan only.
Security at Programme venue
Due to standard security requirements at programme venue, participants must follow the guidelines
- Entry to the hall is subjected to security checks & clearances
- All bags/luggages need to be deposited at the entrance, at dedicated area manned by security personnel. Ladies will be allowed to carry small handbags subject to security clearance
- Parents of babies may carry in baby food
- No sharp objects, Personal Mobility Equipment etc inside the hall
- No items such as garlands, food, drinks will be allowed from outside. You may purchase them inside the programme hall. Also mobile phones WILL NOT be allowed on stage
How to reach Programme venue
|Driving your car or by Taxi||Marina Bay Sands (MBS) is situated at 10 Bayfront Avenue, and is also accessible by vehicle via Sheares Avenue. From Changi Airport, you can reach us in a 20-minute direct drive along the East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway, which leads directly into Sheares Avenue across the Benjamin Sheares Bridge.
If travelling to MBS via the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), Central Expressway (CTE) or Kallang–Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE), connect at the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) which links directly to Marina Boulevard and Central Boulevard, and from there to Bayfront Avenue and Sheares Avenue.
If you are commuting by Taxi, alight outside MBS Expo & Convention Centre.
If you are driving, parking is available below the MBS Expo & Convention Centre. Refer MBS website for parking and valet service charges.
|MRT (Train services)||MBS is linked directly to CE1/DT16 Bayfront Station on the Circle Line and Downtown Line of Singapore’s Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train system.
MRT services to/from Bayfront Station operate daily from (approximately) 6:00 am to 12:00 am midnight. Visit the TransitLink Journey Planner to learn today’s MRT service schedules to Bayfront Station.
Use Exit E – to MBS Expo & Convention Centre.
|Bus services *||Marina Bay Sands is serviced by the following bus routes:
* Always suggest to validate the routes with SBS/Translink web site.
|Travelling from Malaysia
|There are multiple private bus operators which operate regular bus services between Singapore and Malaysia – mostly via Woodlands checkpoint.
SBS bus service# 170 operates between Larkin Terminal (Malaysia) and Queens Street (Singapore). Queens Street is approximately 4 kms away from MBS programme venue.
Please check with your travel agents/online portals for reservations and Visa requirements.
|From Changi Airport||You may take MRT from Changi Airport or a Taxi (Indicate that you need to go to MBS Expo and Convention centre) – If the traffic is regular, it may take approx. 15 minutes to reach from Airport to programme venue. You may also use Airport~City transport service (Please check the travel options at Airport help desk or travel operators outside immigration area)
You may also look for UBER pool options from Airport for transfers.
Devotees who require visa to enter Singapore need to make their own arrangements for the same. Details related to visa is available at www.ica.gov.sg
Facilities at programme venue
Vegetarian Food – Due to the nature of the long period of the programmes, we have made arrangements for limited vegetarian food and drinks options at the programme venue. Kindly note that food counters will be suspended during Satsang, meditation, Bhajans and Atma Puja.
Bookshop – Selling books, CDs and other items throughout the programme.
Help desk – There will be a help desk throughout the programme to provide relevant information/assistance to visitors. You may call help desk anytime by dialing +65-6341 7701.
Medical/First aid – Onsite assistance is provided for first aid and minor treatments. Medical professionals will be manning these stations
Payments – All transactions at the programme venue will be cashless. i.e. you can make payments and donations via NETS, EZLink, Mastercard, Visa or by YCASS
Special needs – The venue will have arrangements to receive Darshan for people who has disabilities or handicapped or on medical conditions. Our volunteers will assist them during Darshan process.
Large number of dedicated volunteers are required to organize the programme. We have started the preparations in the month of February itself and looking for more volunteers in coming days. We meet, plan and prepare for Amma’s programme at Amrita Centre located at No 3, Hindoo Road, Singapore. Kindly note that online volunteer registration is not available now. We will only offer opportunities for volunteers at the programme venue on a need and on an ad-hoc basis. Note that volunteers must present their identity card (NRIC or Passport) during the registration process.
Following volunteering opportunities between 2 to 25 March 2018
- Logistics – moving items to programme hall
- Hall set up – this is scheduled on Sunday, 25th March. Exact time time will be published here soon.
- All volunteers must wear covered shoes during programme setup (Safety requirements)
To assist the Amriteswari Society to meet the cost of holding the Programme, we humbly request you to make a donation as every contribution will go a long way towards defraying the costs. You may make donations via Cheques / Drafts drawn in favour of ‘Amriteswari Society’ payable in Singapore. Cash donations can be made to the Treasurer during the Sunday Satsangs at the Society‘s premises from 8 am to 12 pm. Receipts will be issued for every donation.
Details will be published soon
Accommodation options near programme venue
Apart from Marina Bay Sands hotel, which is right across the programme hall, there are many hotels within 5 kms of the venue. Some of them include: –
- The Westin Singapore – 5 star – Address: 12 Marina View, Asia Square Tower 2, Singapore 018961, Phone:6922 6888
- Marina Mandarin – 5 star – Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square, 039594, Phone:6845 1000
- Quarters Hostel – 2 star – Address: 12 Circular Rd, Singapore 049368, Phone:6438 5627
- Mercury Backpackers Hostel – Address: 57 Lavender St, Singapore 338714, Phone:6396 0500
- Green Kiwi – Address: 280 Lavender St, Singapore 338800, Phone:9695 9331
- Checkers Backpackers – Address: 50 Campbell Ln, Singapore 209922, Phone:6341 5616
Some options near Little India Area
- Santa Grand Hotel Little India – 2 star – Address: 3 Veerasamy Rd, 207309, Phone:6298 8889
- PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road – 4 star – Address: 181 Kitchener Rd, 208533, Phone:6428 3000
You may check for other options in Chinatown or Bugis area or search for accommodation via internet. There is no accommodation with special rates for Amma’s programme.
Please note that there will be no accomodation options at Amrita Centre, Singapore.
Code of Conduct, Do’s and Dont’s
Code of conduct
With Amma’s presence in our lives, we may want to consider a code of conduct that will enable us to get closer to Her and diligently practice her teachings
- Perform every action as a form of prayer to Amma all the time
- Constant meditation and shraddha (Awareness) as we go about our seva (volunteering) during our satsangs and Amma’s programme. Chanting the mantra given to us by Amma would be helpful.
- Participate humbly and eagerly in the seva we do and in matters leading up to and during Amma’s programme
- Be honest and act with integrity in everything we do
- Be cheerful and use of soft, loving speech with everyone
- Deal with each other with humility and forgiveness and have consideration and respect for others.
- Avoid idle chatter and talking ill of others
- Dress and present oneself in an elegant and befitting manner that will make us stand out as Amma’s blessed children.
- Treat this as a renewed spiritual path towards Amma; embracing and further practicing Her teachings with greater enthusiasm from now on
- Kindly do NOT Sleep or consume food in the main programme hall.
- All programme attendees must leave the hall soon after the completion of programme. Only volunteers should stay back for their work
- No playing / games or other activities which are not relevant to the programme in the hall
- Do not leave your belongings unattended. The Amriteswari Society will not be responsible for any loss of belonging that is left in the programme hall
- Strictly NO PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO and AUDIO recordings in the programme hall. (either using camera/phones or other devices). If you are a part of ceremony and would like to receive a copy of photo or video clip, you may approach the designated counter for the purpose.
We will be delighted to receive your feedback about AMMA’s programme. You may reach to our designated volunteers for providing feedback or by sending a mail to email@example.com or via our online survey (from 26-March-18 onward)
You may ask questions via
|Telephone||+65 6341 7701||24hrs. Enquiries in English|
|+65 9636 2860||WhatsApp Group, Members broadcast In English|
|Telephone||+65 9385 3899||Enquiries in Tamil / தமிழ் விவரம்|
|Telephone||+65 9885 8757||Enquiries in Chinese|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||Sponsorship, Donations, Administration|
|AMMA Singapore||Like the page and share the news !|
Please come back later for updates.